07-24-2013 (Dayton, OH) -
It's hard to believe but it is almost time for kids to get ready for back to school! Below are some helpful resources to add to your checklist to make sure they have everything they need!
- Back to school forms- With back to school parents are asked to fill out forms concerning their child’s medical history and information about their primary care physician. However, many parents may not realize the importance of also designating their local children’s hospital as their preferred place of treatment for their child in case of an emergency. Be sure to designate Dayton Children's Hospital as your preferred hospital on your child's forms! Learn why!
- Immunizations- With immunizations required for school attendance this fall, it’s important to understand why they are important to the health of your child and know the recommended schedule for immunizations in Ohio. See why vaccines are important and learn six myths about vaccines!
- Riding the bus- If you are sending your child to school on a bus be sure to go over our school bus safety tips!
- Walking to school- If your kids walk to school, check out these tips.
- Backpack guidlines- Between the books, homework, and gear for their after school activities, a child's backpack can become very heavy, very quickly. Check out these guidelines when you go to purchase a new backpack this year!
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Specialist
We believe there are 18 ways we're just right for our region's kids! Learn more and share your story at justrightforkids.org.