Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Use hand mixer to whip together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer. Whip until fluffy and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Serving size: 3½-inch x 2½-inch square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
16 g fat
410 mg sodium
76 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
|Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.|
|Cystic Fibrosis Foundation This organization offers information about the illness, public policy, clinical trials and local chapters.|
|Boomer Esiason Foundation This former NFL quarterback has a personal interest in CF - his son has the disease - and has created this foundation to help find a cure.|
|About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis These high-calorie recipes are especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF). Kids with CF may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs. Check out these delicious recipes.|
|Cystic Fibrosis and Nutrition In addition to extra calories, kids with cystic fibrosis have some specific nutritional needs. Find out ways to help your child with CF grow healthy and strong.|
|Cystic Fibrosis Cystic fibrosis (CF), a genetic disorder that particularly affects the lungs and digestive system, makes kids who have it more vulnerable to repeated lung infections.|
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com