For all kids in our region to be happy and healthy
The Center for Child Health and Wellness
As the only independent pediatric hospital and a critical safety net for children in our 20-county region, we have a responsibility to speak out about the unique needs of children and families. Dayton Children's works with community leaders, organizations and policymakers at all levels to bring attention and response to children's health issues.
With 20 percent of a child’s health determined by his or her environment and 40 percent determined by behavior – there is a great need to ensure children have healthy and safe places to live, learn, and play. In many cases, children have poor health due to their living conditions and communities.
Dayton Children’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of all children, not just those who come to the organization for care. That's why we created The Center for Child Health and Wellness.
Learn more about the center and how you can partner with Dayton Children's to help us make a community-wide impact!
- Aflac and Dayton Children’s Hospital Honor Heroes in the Fight Against Childhood Cancer with Duckprints Awards
- Dayton children join Safe Kids Greater Dayton and FedEx on International Walk to School Day
- Safety protocols and training put to the test
- The Connor Group pledges $1 million to Dayton Children’s in honor of cancer doctor
- Navy Week kicks off with visit from "Old Ironside" crew
- ACT to keep children safe from hot cars