Dayton Children’s Hospital is the best place for sick or injured infants, children and teens. Our hospital offers a full range of services to treat all illnesses and injuries, from the routine to the most serious.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Dayton Children's:
- Our Regional Level III B Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is the region’s perinatal referral center, featuring an award-winning design and quick access to all pediatric subspecialists. We are also home to the region’s only neonatal and pediatric transport teams. Infants and children are transported to Dayton Children’s for specialized care from any hospital in our region.
- Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) won the first-ever Ohio Patient Safety Institute Best Practices Award in 2009 for its outstanding record of decreasing the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). This award demonstrates patient safety improvements and is innovative to the Ohio health care market.
- The Soin Pediatric Trauma and Emergency Center (Level II) is the only verified pediatric trauma center in the region staffed entirely by pediatric specialists. Last year, the emergency department treated over 59,000 patients.
- Our Comprehensive Cancer Care Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and is just one of only 10 approved cancer programs in the country.
- The Advanced Surgery Center is the region’s only surgical center devoted to pediatrics. More than 12,000 surgeries are performed every year, all under the guidance of pediatric anesthesiologists.
- Our medical imaging department is accredited and offers state-of-the-art equipment as well as low radiation doses to minimize long-term radiation side effects.
- Our customer satisfaction scores regularly exceed 90 percent throughout the hospital. Outpatient surgery, urgent care and Children’s Health Clinic consistently score 95 percent or higher in customer satisfaction.
- Our Cystic Fibrosis Center achieved designation as a Therapeutic Development Network site. Only one third of CF Centers are part of this network.
Learn more about our strategic roadmap to the future.