children’s health clinic policies
It is our pleasure to give your child the best medical care. To do this, we need your support. Please review our office policies below to help us provide you with the best experience possible when you visit the Children’s Health Clinic.
When visiting the Children’s Health Clinic please remember:
- Your cooperation for your using your cell phone is greatly appreciated. Cell phones can be disruptive and may interfere with the care of your child.
- The entire Dayton Children’s campus is tobacco free.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the building.
- Please call 937-641-3500 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm to make an appointment.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, call by noon the day before your appointment. Canceling the day of your appointment will be considered a late cancelation. If your child has three late cancellations in one year, your child will be referred to another doctor.
- A courtesy reminder call is made for most appointments, but there are times when this is not possible such as same day appointments.
- If your child is sick (fever, sore throat, ear pain or rash) and needs to see the doctor, there are same-day appointments available. Call early morning to schedule an appointment.
- Please be on time for your appointment. New patients should arrive 15 minutes before their appointment.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the clinic may have to push your appointment sometime during or at the end of clinic, whenever the patient flow allows. The patient also will have the option of rescheduling instead.
- After two no-shows, you will be referred to another health care office for your child’s care.
- We will be your doctor only for emergency/sick visits for up to six weeks until your assignment to another health care office.
for the patient visit
- New patients should arrive 15 minutes before their appointment to complete registration and paperwork.
- At the first visit, the legal guardian must be present to sign a consent form for any treatment. The child will not be seen without a signed consent.
- Shot records should be brought to appointments.
- Forms for physicals should be brought the day of the appointment.
- The legal guardian or legal representative must come with the child to sign for any shots.
- Are handled during office hours. Please do not call after hours.
- Please allow one week notice for a refill.
- Forms such as school forms, daycare forms, sports forms etc… are handled during office hours. Please do not call the doctor on-call regarding any form.
- Forms cannot be faxed. Please bring your form to the office and pick it up from the office or your completed form may be mailed to your home address if requested.
- Please allow two weeks for forms to be completed.
billing services and payment policies
- All information about your insurance should be given to the front desk when you arrive. If your insurance or your address has changed since your last visit, please tell the front desk so we can update your account.
- If you have no insurance, a payment plan can be arranged.
- If you have any questions about your bill, please feel free to call the hospital billing office at 937-641-3555 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
after office hours
- If your child has an urgent medical problem when our office is closed, please call the hospital and ask for the clinic doctor on call or the group practice doctor on call. Please do not call for prescription refills or regarding forms such as DP&L.
- We encourage you to use Dayton Children’s Urgent Care in Springboro for after-hours minor health care needs or the Dayton Children’s emergency department for emergencies.