meet the team - the center for the female athlete
Lora Scott, MD - program director sports medicine
- Trained pediatrician with a fellowship in primary care sports medicine
- Has worked with University of South Florida Bulls, University of Cincinnati Bearcats, Flying Pig Marathon, Dayton Juniors volleyball, Haunted Classic soccer tournament, Wright State athletics and Dayton Stealth hockey.
- Former swimmer and triathlete
- Enjoys outdoor activities - camping, hiking, canoeing, swimming, beach, surfing, and SCUBA.
- Learn more
Sarah Steward, MD - pediatric orthopedic surgeon
- Only 6% of orthopedic surgeons nationwide are female and Dr. Steward is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
- Specializes in pediatric orthopedic sports medicine
- Played college basketball at Marquette University and as a professional basketball player in Finland
- Girls on the Run- Dayton board member
- Learn more
Jamie Broz, MEd, ATC - manager
- Worked for over two decades with all types of athletes traveling and working with the junior development levels through senior level athletes.
- Holds specialized certifications and trainings in manual therapy and functional movement such as pilates, dry needling, and sports metrics.
- Primary experience in performing arts and gymnastics
- Has covered extreme, olympic and paralmpic sports
- Has provided medical care for many world and Olympic champions
Maria Scavuzzo, MS, RDN, LD- dietitian
- Ran Division 1 cross country and track at Miami University breaking two school records (10k and cross country)
- Ran the Columbus marathon and qualified for the Olympic Marathon trials
- Ran in the Olympic marathon trials in February of 2020
Linh-Han Ikehara, MSW, LISW-S - behavioral health therapist
- Specializes in the wellness of competitive young athletes
- Passionate about helping teen athletes discover their own resiliency and determination that fuels engagement of physical and emotional wellness
- Enjoys trail running, biking, hiking and cooking wholesome meals and treats
Rachael Botta, DPT - physical therapist
- Specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of dance related injuries
- Experienced ballet instructor and choreographer
- Previous member of the University of South Carolina's dance company