meet the team - the center for the female athlete
Lora Scott, MD - program director sports medicine
- Trained pediatrician with a fellowship in primary care sports medicine
- Has worked with University of South Florida Bulls, University of Cincinnati Bearcats, Flying Pig Marathon, Dayton Juniors volleyball, Haunted Classic soccer tournament, Wright State athletics and Dayton Stealth hockey.
- Former swimmer and triathlete
- Enjoys outdoor activities - camping, hiking, canoeing, swimming, beach, surfing, and SCUBA.
- Learn more
Sarah Steward, MD - pediatric orthopedic surgeon
- Only 6% of orthopedic surgeons nationwide are female and Dr. Steward is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
- Specializes in pediatric orthopedic sports medicine
- Played college basketball at Marquette University and as a professional basketball player in Finland
- Girls on the Run- Dayton board member
- Learn more
Jamie Broz, MEd, ATC - manager
- Worked for over two decades with all types of athletes traveling and working with the junior development levels through senior level athletes.
- Holds specialized certifications and trainings in manual therapy and functional movement such as pilates, dry needling, and sports metrics.
- Primary experience in performing arts and gymnastics
- Has covered extreme, olympic and paralmpic sports
- Has provided medical care for many world and Olympic champions
Maria Brumfield, MS, RDN, LD- dietitian
- Ran Division 1 cross country and track at Miami University breaking two school records (10k and cross country)
- Ran the Columbus marathon and qualified for the Olympic Marathon trials
- Ran in the Olympic marathon trials in February of 2020
Linh-Han Ikehara, MSW, LISW-S - behavioral health therapist
- Specializes in the wellness of competitive young athletes
- Passionate about helping teen athletes discover their own resiliency and determination that fuels engagement of physical and emotional wellness
- Enjoys trail running, biking, hiking and cooking wholesome meals and treats
Megan Christoffel PT, DPT - physical therapist
- Worked as a physical therapist for past five years and recently became a Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in orthopedics
- Competed as a gymnast for 13 years, finishing her career as a Level 10
- Cheered at Bowling Green State University for football and basketball, including their competitive team
- Loves working with kids and helping them get back to the sports and activities that they love
- Enjoys spending time with her husband and two-year-old daughter, as well as family in the area.
Karly Steenbock, MS, AT, ATC - athletic trainer
- Competed as a collegiate golfer at Wheeling Jesuit University
- Performed on Wheeling Jesuit University Dance Team
- Passionate about educating athletes on preventative care and currently working on a doctorate in education
- Enjoys golfing, running, and cooking.