First Aid: Chest Pains
Signs and Symptoms
- burning sensation
- pain when taking deep breaths
What to Do
- Call the doctor if your child has ongoing chest pain.
Get Emergency Medical Care If:
- Chest pain happens during exercise.
Your child has:
- trouble breathing or rapid breathing
- a racing heart or heart palpitations (fluttering)
- pressure in the chest
- dizziness or fainting
- blue or gray color around the lips
It's hard to always avoid chest pain because it has many possible causes. But you can: