Berry Good Popsicles
Note: This recipe is especially for kids on a gluten-free diet, who must avoid foods that contain gluten, a type of protein found in many foods.
This healthy, gluten-free dessert is also a good source of calcium.
Prep time: 5 minutes to prepare, freeze overnight
What you need:
- 30 ounces low-fat or nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
What to do:
- Put strawberries in a blender and mix until berries are in small pieces.
- Combine yogurt and berries in a large bowl.
- Equally divide yogurt mixture into 6 paper cups.
- Cover the opening of each paper cup with a piece of aluminum foil. Make a small slit in the middle of the foil.
- Place a popsicle stick through slit into in the middle of the yogurt.
- Put in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Before eating, remove paper cup and aluminum foil.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 86 calories
- 5g protein
- 0g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 16g carbohydrate
- 0.3g fiber
- 7mg cholesterol
- 64mg sodium
- 139mg calcium
- 0.3mg iron
Serving size: 1 popsicle
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Be creative and try different flavors of yogurt and fruit. If you don't have a blender, chop up berries or fruit into small pieces.