Dayton Children’s inpatient rehabilitation delivers world-class care, close to home.
The inpatient rehabilitation program at Dayton Children’s Hospital offers patients comprehensive care and therapies to help them recover from a severe injury or illness. Our care team creates personalized treatment plans to meet the unique needs of our patients. We work closely with a multidisciplinary team to optimize recovery and maximize their quality of life.
The team is led by rehabilitation medicine physicians that invest in their patients’ long-term recovery. We are committed to an individualized treatment plan to meet each child’s medical, behavioral, educational, and social needs.
who is on the inpatient rehab team?
The inpatient rehabilitation program team is led by fellowship-trained physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians.
Additional team members include:
- hospital medicine pediatricians
- physical, occupational and speech therapists
- social workers
- child life specialists
- educational specialists and more.
who qualifies for inpatient rehabilitation?
Your child may qualify for inpatient rehabilitation if they:
- Are between 12 months to 18 years: patients outside of this age range may be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on medical and social needs.
- Have had a decline in functional status compared to before hospitalization, injury, or surgery and may benefit from intensive rehabilitation.
- Need at least two of the following therapies (physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech therapy) daily.
- Can tolerate at least 3 hours of therapy daily, 5 days per week.
- Have functional goals that can be measured and met on the inpatient rehabilitation unit within a reasonable amount of time (ex. 1-6 weeks)
- Have insurance authorization for admission to inpatient rehabilitation
where is inpatient rehab?
Inpatient rehab is located at Dayton Children’s main campus (One Children’s Plaza Dayton, Ohio 45404).
To get more information, please contact the rehab team directly at 937-641-3471.