outpatient neurology care
If your child has neurological concerns, we know you want to see a specialist as soon as possible. Our pediatric neurology outpatient clinics are able to schedule appointments and diagnostic tests quickly to minimize waiting. A physician referral is needed to make an appointment with our neurologists.
Communication is important in between appointments, and that is why our staff is committed to returning calls quickly, providing test results as soon as they are ready and checking in by phone, especially after a hospital stay.
The most common conditions our neurologists treat in the clinic are epilepsy and chronic pain/headache. Learn more about the care we provide for:
prepare for your visit
For all visits to the neurology clinic please bring:
- Your insurance information and let us know of any changes. This impacts scheduling and completing imaging when prior authorizations are required.
- Any appropriate images (x-rays, MRI’s, CT scans) related to your condition not done at Dayton Children’s
- Any paperwork from healthcare providers who have treated you for this condition
- Any required forms for your school, the state or outside agency
- Any questionnaires you have been asked to complete
what to expect
When your child is referred to the neurology department at Dayton Children’s, our staff collects medical history information, past imaging studies and test results. This helps our pediatric neurology team prepare for your child’s first visit.
Our pediatric neurology providers spend time with families to make sure they fully understand their child’s condition, the treatment options and what to expect during and after treatment.
We encourage families to enroll in MyKid’sChart, a free, secure online health program that makes it easy to stay in touch with the care team, view their child’s medication information and receive important health reminders.