As a patient of the endocrinology department at Dayton Children’s you may find the following forms helpful:
- blood sugar log form
You can also visit our forms (link to patient and visitor forms page) for additional forms such as release of information to schools and consent to treat form.
Other organizations provide extensive educational materials for patients and families dealing with gastrointestinal issues. Our specialists encourage families to find support through the following websites and organizations:
food and nutritional information
There are a number of phone apps that can help you manage your care. Below are some recommended by our experts. Some are free, some cost up to $5.00.
$ indicates a charge for the app
- Carb counting with Lenny the Lion (free app from Medtronic) shows children how many carbs are in various foods by showing serving sizes & pictures. It also offers games on carbs.
- Glucose Buddy is a simple free log book app that can be emailed to yourself, your family members, or the diabetes doctor.
- Wave Sense Diabetes Manager is another free log book option. It is similar to Glucose Buddy, but has a flashier format.
- Diabetes Companion ($) – made by dLife (dLife also offers a website), allows you to track blood sugars and food.
- Sensei: My Diabetes Guide ($) – you can track your blood sugars, weight and blood pressure, and learn about diabetes.
- Go Meals, Carb Master ($), and Fast Food Calories ($) help you to count carbs in meals.
- Food Scanner ($) allows you to scan foods using bar codes to see how many carbs are in that item. However, the food label should also tell you this information.
Dayton Children’s also provides various Pinterest boards with recipes and resources related to low carb, paleo, and insulin resistant. View our boards.