pediatric fundamental critical care support course
Monday, May 18, 2020 - Tuesday, May 19, 2020 | 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch will be included both days.
- Assessment of the critically ill child
- Cardiovascular evaluation and shock
- Sedation, analgesia and NMB
- Acute respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation
- Fluids, electrolytes and metabolic disorders
- Cardiopulmonary dysfunction
- Mechanical ventilation 1
- Radiology/invasive devices
- Trauma injuries in children
- Transport of the critically ill child
- Postoperative management
- Pediatric neurologic emergencies
- Advanced integration
- Mechanical ventilation 2
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Prioritize assessment needs for the critically-ill or injured infant and child.
- Select appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable pediatric patient.
- Recognize and initiate management of acute life-threatening conditions.
- Determine the need for expert consultation and/or patient transfer and optimally stabilize the patient for transport.