The Gem City Classic 5K and Kid's Run
Saturday, October 13, 2018 | 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The final race in the Miami Valley Road Race Series. Featuring a wicked fast and flat course that crosses two of Dayton's rivers and gives runners a phenomenal view of the Dayton Skyline moments before you run into downtown past the Dragon's Stadium before returning to beautiful Island Metro Park. As always, we guarantee the following for every registered runner,
- Official New Balance Tech Tee Race Shirt
- Gorgeous Finisher Medal (connects with the Historic Germantown and Crossroads 5K medals to form the state of Ohio)
- USATF certified and fast race course
- Chip timing
- Live music by Hey There Morgan
- Excellent selection of post-race food
- Handmade in the USA wooden awards for Overall, Masters, and Age Group winners three deep.
- Portion of race entry supports Families of Addicts
- Earn the third medal in the Miami Valley Race Series and we'll give you the coveted fourth medal. The four medals connect to create the state of Ohio, or as we call it, home!
1K Kid’s Run presented by Dayton Children's Hospital participants will receive:
- Custom finisher medal
- Custom race bib
- And of course we will let you pig out on post-race food too!
Given the time of year, a 5:00 PM race start will likely mean very pleasant weather and which sets us up to have a post race celebration to conclude the series at Lock 27 at the intersection of Patterson and Monument. So come join us afterwards to celebrate your achievement in completing the race and hopefully the entire series!
Further, we've gone the distance to get the best awards for those who showed nothing but grit over the series and had the lowest cumulative time, those awards are as follows,
1st place M/F - $250 to New Balance Dayton, Large custom wooden award
2nd place M/F - $150 to New Balance Dayton and large custom wooden award.
3rd placeM/F - $100 to New Balance Dayton and large custom wooden award.
Top masters runners (M/F) for the series will win $100, $50, and $25 to New Balance Dayton plus beautiful handmade wooden awards.
As with all of our events, we believe in supporting the community and have once again partnered with Families of Addicts, a local Dayton charity working hard to help empower those with addictions in the Miami Valley. A portion of the race proceeds will be presented to Families of Addicts at the award ceremony after the event!
For runners who want a season of challenges, complete all three races and earn a fourth medal which connects to the first three medals to create one fluid piece of art!
The Historic Germantown 5K - https://www.facebook.com/events/2013094285383818/
The Crossroads 5K - https://www.facebook.com/events/1828836150742545/
And for the fastest runners in town, the top 3 male and female runners for the entire series (based on cumulative time) will be competing for $250, $150, and $100 gift cards to New Balance Dayton. Top masters runners will win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card to New Balance Dayton. All top runners overall and from the masters division will receive custom handmade wooden awards to mark their series accomplishment!
For more information call Brandon Hough 719-210-4425 or email email@example.com