education and training
- medical school: The Ohio State University
- residency: Dayton Children’s Hospital
- board certification: American Board of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics, National Board of Medical Examiners
publications and presentations
- Grand Rounds, Children's Medical Center, Dayton, 1980: "Intracranial Berry Aneurysm in a Child."
- American College of Surgeons' Advanced Trauma Life Support (A.T.L.S.) Course For Physicians: Yearly teaching of various lectures and skill stations; testing of participants. Lectures include Pediatric Trauma
- "Pediatric Trauma" to residents and Montgomery County Paramedics
- "Emergency Medications in Pediatrics" to residents and nurses
- "Evaluation and Triage of the Pediatric Patient" to paramedics at Huber Heights and Mad River Townships
- "Drowning and Near-Drowning" to Huber Heights paramedics
- Lectures to Huber Heights paramedics on pediatric poisoning, fever, etc.
- "Management of Fluid Therapy in the Dehydrated Child", March 1984, to Children's Medical Center Transport Teams
- " Chest and Abdominal Trauma in Pediatrics” at Pediatric Trauma Seminar May 1986, to Montgomery County Paramedics and E.M.S. personnel, at Presidential Banquet Center, Kettering, Ohio
- "Emergency Room Evaluation and Management of the Pediatric Patient With Vomiting", at Pediatric Emergency Medicine Lectures to Ohio Chapter of American College of Emergency Physicians at King's Island, August, 1983
awards, honors and organizations
- Included in Guide to America’s Top Pediatricians, Consumer Guide from Consumers’ Research Council of America.
- Teaching Award: One of 1998's "Top Ten Attendings" in Emergency Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine.
- Nominated by Emergency Medicine Residents for Teacher-of-the-Year Award, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994 (Voluntary Faculty)
- Included in Marquis' Who's Who In Medicine and Healthcare, Who's Who In America: Science and Engineering, and Who's Who In America
- P.R.E.P. Fellowship Awards, American Academy of Pediatrics, for participating in 6-year cycles of the P.R.E.P. Continuing Medical Education Courses
- American Medical Association Award for Continuing Medical Education.
- Certificates of Continuing Medical Education from American College of Emergency Physicians.
- Fellow of The American Academy of Pediatrics (F.A.A.P.)
- Fellow of The American College of Emergency Physicians (F.A.C.E.P)
- American Academy of Pediatrics' Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section
- American College of Emergency Physicians' Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section
- American College of Emergency Physicians' Observation Services Section
- Ohio Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics
- Ohio Chapter of American College of Emergency Physicians