Confirm the Location
Our physicians see patients in various locations. Please confirm the location and know how long it will take you to there. See Maps, Directions and Parking to obtain door-to-door directions, written directions and an area map. For help with directions, call 937-641-3000.
Give yourself enough time to park and check in before your child's appointment time. Usually the clinic or department where your child has an appointment will let you know how early you need to arrive. This arrival time is very important so that there is enough time to treat all the children with appointments.
If you arrive late, you may be asked to reschedule your child's appointment.
If your appointment is at the main campus, paid parking is available in front of the medical center. Parking is $2 per day. Parking passes can be purchased at a discount – seven for $10 – in the admitting office. If you will be coming and going in the same day, in and out passes are available from the parking attendant.
Remember to Bring
- Insurance cards - Having your most recent insurance card will help us make sure your bill is accurate and processed in a timely way.
- Comfort items - Please bring a few items from home that might make your child feel more comfortable such as a favorite toy or book. A snack and even a change of clothes may be helpful if you will be at the hospital for a long time.
- Completed Forms
- Consent to treat--Please bring a completed General Consent Form (PDF) on the day of your appointment. You may print this form out and fill it in by hand. We will provide you with a blank form on the day of your appointment if you can’t bring a completed form with you.
- If you can't be here--If the parent or legal guardian cannot be with the child the day of the procedure, please complete Permission to Treat without a Parent or Guardian in Form. If you have questions about this, call Dayton Children’s social work department at 937-641-5300.
- Other forms--There may be other forms you were asked to complete and bring the day of the appointment. These may have been mailed to you. Please remember to complete and bring these forms as well.
- List of medicines--Bring a list of all prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins and herbal medicine your child is taking or bring the medicine bottles with you on the day of your appointment. Make sure you have the name of each medicine as well as the dosage and instructions.
- X-rays and test results--If your child's doctor did not send the test results, please bring them to your appointment.
Make Yourself At Home
See our Family and Visitor Guide to learn about our resources and services.
The DAISY award is awarded quarterly and recognizes extraordinary nurses. Nominate a nurse today!