Children with special healthcare needs often require specialized medical care and supports. Dayton Children’s web site offers comprehensive information about diagnosis and conditions here [link to main site]. You can also search by topic here.
In this section of the online guide, you will find resources to support your child’s medical needs:
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
- Dental care
- Alternative medicine
- Hospice and palliative care
In addition to direct medical services, you will find resources in this section related to equipment, assistive technology and adapted products. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Abilities First – Provides a range of services to children and adults with disabilities including residential facilities, pediatric therapy, summer therapy and more.
- Advanced Medical Equipment – Sells, rents and repairs medical equipment.
- Assistive Technology of Ohio - Help Ohioans with disabilities learn about or acquire assistive technology.
- United Rehabilitation Services - Provides therapy, nursing services, hearing and speech services, social and recreational interaction and more.
Additional Resources at Dayton Children's
In addition to the resource center, we also offer the complete KidsHealth Library to help parents learn more about a specific condition. Information is given in easy-to-understand terms and in many cases available in Spanish as well as English.
We encourage you to explore and feel free to add resources that are currently not included by emailing FRC@childrensdayton.org. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact our MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center at (937) 641-3700.
Articles of Interest
Managing Home Health Care
Kids can need intensive health care at home after they have been in the hospital for many different reasons. In each case, it's vital that parents, siblings, and other family members learn about the medical devices and equipment that the kids they love depend on.