The department of social work consults on the psychosocial evaluation and/or treatment of patients and families.
Services We Offer
- Child protection: assessment and intervention in cases of suspected physical, emotional or sexual abuse as well as issues of physical, psychological or medical neglect and noncompliance.
- Crisis intervention: evaluation, referral and/or treatment in instances of drug abuse, adolescent pregnancy, drug ingestion, death and dying support, clarification of legal or custody matters, problems in parent-child adjustment to hospitalization and mediation with hostile or agitated parents.
- Family assessments: evaluation and counseling for marital problems, family conflicts, parenting skills, need for home support services, residential care or placement and management of basic survival needs.
- Specialty care/chronic illness: Initial evaluation and long-term support for patients and families making the adjustment to catastrophic illness or injury.
- Support groups, general information and referral servicesare available to the public. Other services are limited to patients and families using Dayton Children's inpatient, outpatient or emergency services.
Weekdays: 8:30 am to 11:00 pm
Weekends: 4:00 pm to midnight
After hours ask for social worker on call : 937-641-3000
Make a referral
Fax referral forms: 937-641-4500, 24 hours
Toll-free fax: 1-866-891-6941
Hours: 7:30 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday