The community is welcome to host fundraising events to benefit Dayton Children's. Please notify the development office in advance of your event by contacting the development office at 937-641-3405 or by email.
- Any event or promotion that involves the name of Dayton Children's Hospital must be approved in advance by the development office at Dayton Children's at least one month prior to the event.
- A "Third Party Event Registration Form" must be completed and submitted to the development office of Dayton Children's before such approval can be granted. A form can be emailed or mailed to you or obtained on the Dayton Children’s website under the resources link. Mail completed forms to: Dayton Children's, One Children's Plaza, Dayton, OH 45404-1815.
- Dayton Children's encourages you or your organization to send press releases and produce other publicity. Before sending a press release, media alert, advertisement or other form of publicity to any media outlet, please submit all copy/design to the development office for review and approval.
- Publicity may not suggest that the event is being sponsored or co-sponsored by Dayton Children’s or that the hospital is involved in any way except as the beneficiary. The suggested way to describe hospital involvement is to list the event name followed by "benefiting Dayton Children's through…" It is our understanding that 100% of the net proceeds will be donated to Dayton Children’s. We reserve the right to examine any possibility regarding involvement of any other charity or suggested split of proceeds.
- Dayton Children's Hospital development officers are not responsible for planning, executing or staffing third party events.
- Dayton Children's reserves the right to use photos and information about third party events for use in publications, social media and other materials.
- All funds raised from the proposed event must be sent within 30 days of the event to: Dayton Children's Hospital, Development Department, One Children’s Plaza, Dayton, OH 45404-1815.
How we can help
- Staffing: Dayton Children's is unable to provide volunteers and staff for the purpose of the event. However, a Dayton Children’s representative may attend the event, if requested, based on availability.
- Mailing Lists: Dayton Children's mailing lists, including donor lists, are confidential and maintained for hospital use only and cannot be used to promote your event.
- Logo: The Dayton Children's logo may only be used if the sponsoring organization has received prior approval. We will supply a print-ready or electronic logo upon request.
- Banner: Dayton Children’s may provide a banner to hang during the event, depending on availability. The banner should be returned to Dayton Children’s as soon as possible after the event.
- Ticket Sales: Dayton Children’s staff cannot assist with ticket sales. Tickets may not be sold on the Dayton Children's premises, but may be made available through the development office.
- Publicity: Dayton Children's will post your event on the hospital's website calendar of events.
There are some events that we cannot approve including activities that require any of the following:
- Require any financing from Dayton Children’s. The sponsor must assume all costs of the event.
- Compete or conflict with an already established or scheduled event to benefit Dayton Children's
- Fail to comply with any municipal, county, state and/or federal law.
- Dayton Children's cannot assume any liability for your event.
- Make your donation go farther!