Dayton Children’s Foundation Board allocates donated funds every year for programs, research, advocacy and technology to benefit patients and support the mission of our hospital. The role of the Foundation Board is to help ensure the hospital has the resources it needs to provide the very best care for our children.
Currently chaired by John Slaughenhaupt, the 15-member Foundation Board of Trustees accepts outright endowment gifts, estate gifts and bequests specifically designated to Dayton Children's. Members of the investment committee oversee the investments of gifts in order to manage the funds' assets effectively and prudently.
On an annual basis, the Dayton Children's Foundation spends three percent of the market value of its investments on priority programs that benefit as many of Dayton Children's patients as possible. The Foundation does not accept independent or outside proposals for consideration.
This past year the Foundation Board approved $1,736,500 million to fund physician endowed chairs, pediatric specialist start-up funds, and technology-dependent children's supplies and support.
Foundation Board of Trustees
- John Slaughenhaupt, Chair (2011 - present)
- Patti Schear, Vice Chair
- John Mac Ritchie, Treasurer
- John Ey, Secretary
- Deborah Feldman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dayton Children's
- Daniel W. Dittman, Jr, CPA, CFP(R), CLU, Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- John W. Ey, President, Radiology Business Managers, Inc.
- Robert J. Fink, MD, Director of Pulmonary Medicine, Dayton Children's
- Vicki S. Giambrone, VP, Strategic Partnerships & Chief Business Development Officer, Dayton Children's
- Lisa Harlan, Community Leader
- Helen Jones-Kelley, Executive Director, Montgomery County ADAMHS board
- Anthony R. Kenney, Chief Executive Officer, Speedway SuperAmerica, LLC
- John A. Mac Ritchie, VP, Wells Fargo Bank, NA
- Kevin McDonald, SVP and Trust Officer, Key Private Bank
- Cameron M. McGregor, MSN, RN, McGregor Consulting Group, LLC
- David T. Miller, VP and Chief Financial Officer, Dayton Children's
- Sandra K. Pierce, CPA, CFP, VP, Parker Carlson & Johnson
- Jenni Roer, Executive Director, The Frank M. Tait Foundation
- Patti Schear, Community Leader
- John Slaughenhaupt, Owner, Milano's Atlantic City Submarines
- Ruth C. Mead, chair emeritus
- Dayton Children's is proud to be a Children's Miracle Network Hospital.