Dayton Children’s Foundation Board allocates donated funds every year for programs, research, advocacy and technology to benefit patients and support the mission of our hospital. The role of the Foundation Board is to help ensure the hospital has the resources it needs to provide the very best care for our children.
Currently chaired by Patti Schear, the 21-member Foundation Board of Trustees accepts outright endowment gifts, estate gifts and bequests specifically designated to Dayton Children's. Members of the investment committee oversee the investments of gifts in order to manage the funds' assets effectively and prudently.
On an annual basis, the Dayton Children's Foundation spends three percent of the market value of its investments on priority programs that benefit as many of Dayton Children's patients as possible. The Foundation does not accept independent or outside proposals for consideration.
This past year the Foundation Board approved more than $2 million to improve patient experience, patient access, and pediatric excellence.
Foundation Board of Trustees
- Patti Schear, Chair
- Tony Kenney, Vice chair
- Dan Dittman, Treasurer
- John Ey, Secretary
- John Slaughenhaupt, Immediate past chair
- Susan F. Baker, TWIGs Auxillary Representative & Community Leader
- Deborah Feldman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Dayton Children's
- Daniel W. Dittman, Jr, CPA, CFP(R), CLU, Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- John W. Ey, President, Radiology Business Managers, Inc.
- Vicki S. Giambrone, Executive Vice President, CBD Advisors
- Christian Hahn, General Manager, Joseph Airport Toyota
- Matthew G. Hardwick, MD, PriMed Pediatrics
- Lisa Harlan, Community Leader
- Heidi Hennessy, Women's Board Representative and Director of Human Resources for Hartzell Propeller
- Helen Jones-Kelley, Executive Director, Montgomery County ADAMHS board
- Anthony R. Kenney, Chief Executive Officer, Speedway SuperAmerica, LLC
- Kevin McDonald, Senior Development Officer, The Dayton Foundation
- Cameron M. McGregor, MSN, RN, FACHE, Vice President, Premier Health
- David T. Miller, VP & Chief Financial Officer, Dayton Children's
- Jena Pado, CFRE, Chief Development Officer, Dayton Children's Hospital
- Sandra K. Pierce, CPA, CFP, Vice President, Wealth Management, Parellel Advisors, LLC
- Nick Roberts, VP of Marketing, Cox Media Group
- Jenni Roer, Executive Director, The Frank M. Tait Foundation
- Patti Schear, Community Leader
- Darrick Weeks, Chief Operating Officer, Wright Patt Credit Union
- John Slaughenhaupt, Owner, Milano's Atlantic City Submarines
- Ruth C. Mead, chair emeritus
- Dayton Children's is proud to be a Children's Miracle Network Hospital.