Our experts are available to your group, class, business or committee at no charge through our speakers bureau. Some of the programs include:
- What makes a children's hospital so special? Learn about the special features of The Children's Medical Center.
- How to prevent injuries. Unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death for our young children. Assure that the child in your life is Growing Up Safe. A variety of issues such as burn prevention, car seat safety and poison prevention can be addressed.
- Volunteer opportunities at Children's. How can you be involved?
- Urgency or Emergency? First-aid basics and the care associated with urgent care and the emergency department.
- Nutrition Guidelines. How to help your child eat healthfully. Eating disorders. Weight management.
- CARE House. Learn how this innovative partnership between Children's and several child protection agencies is working to help victims of child abuse and their families.
- Childhood Cancer. What to do. Who to turn to.
- Clear the Air. We are working to protect children from the dangers of secondhand smoke and to prevent teens from starting to use tobacco. Prevention. Youth prevention. Implementing a smokefree workplace. pulmonary function testing. The high tech pediatric patient.
- Giving to Children's. You can help children through special projects, endowments and through the Children's Miracle Network.
- Asthma. Composing effective treatment.
- Asthma in Ohio Schools. How to successfully treat school-age children.
- Neurologic topics. Seizures--impact on the family. Seizures--First aid for teens.
- Radiology topics. Imaging--work up of urinary tract infection. Imaging--abdominal emergencies in children. Pediatric chest emergencies.
- Laboratory topics. The Germ Show--teaching school-age children about how to stay healthy and avoid germs. For professionals--The Rise of Strep and Staph.
We are happy to bring our experts to you - at your convenience.
Please make your request at least four weeks before your event. Also, we require that your group have a minimum of 20 people. To request a speaker, please complete Speaker's Bureau request form and mail it to The Children's Medical Center, One Children's Plaza, Dayton, Ohio 45404-1815, fax it to 937-641-3454 or E-mail.
We believe there are 18 ways we're just right for our region's kids! Learn more and share your story at justrightforkids.org.