We know the power of partnership in delivering important health and safety information to children in our community. Dayton Children’s teams with organizations in our community to improve the health status of kids through injury prevention and health promotion partnering with the following programs:
- POWER, a partnership between Dayton Children's and the Junior League of Dayton to reduce childhood injury and promote healthy lifestyles.
- The Stay Ahead of the Game bicycle helmet program for fire and police departments as they focus on helmet use and preventing bicycle injuries.
- Safe Kids Greater Dayton, a childhood injury prevention coalition led by Dayton Children’s sponsoring programs such as Safe Kids Walk This Way, Safe Kids Buckle Up and Safe on Saturday.
- GetUp Montgomery County, where Dayton Children’s serves as a hub partner driving a culture change to make it easier for kids and families to live healthier lives.
- Car Seat Safety Program, a partnership with Goodwill/Easter Seals to provide information and distribute car seats to low income families.
- Boonshoft Exhibits to Go, a traveling museum in partnership with the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, taking educational presentations to schools throughout the region. Dayton Children's developed Food, Fitness and Fun: an exploration of proper food choices, portion control and exercise to help address obesity in our community.
- STAND (Stop Tobacco and Nicotine Dependency Program), a teen smoking cessation program and BREATHE (Bringing Respiratory Education and Environmental Assessment to the Home Environment), a program to help families self manage their child’s asthma.
- Kohl's a Minute for Kids campaign, a partnership between Dayton Children’s and Kohl’s Department Stores, bringing parents and families practical health and safety information.
- Lead Poisoning Clinic to identify and treat children who have lead poisoning.
- CAREHouse, providing a multidisciplinary team response to child abuse for the purpose of protecting and supporting children and their non-offending family members, holding offenders accountable and educating the community.
- Welcome Dayton. Dayton Children’s supports Immigrant Friendly goals of the City of Dayton in order to improve health care access and health literacy to all of our citizens.
- Dayton Children’s and your organization Do you want Dayton Children’s to participate in an upcoming event? Here are some of the ways that we can join with your organization to reduce injury and promote healthy lifestyles.
Visit our blog!
Visit the Dr. Mom Squad blog to join in the conversation with our experts! You will hear from four local women who have two big things in common; they are all doctors and they are all moms! Hear what they have to say on the latest kids health issues and learn tips on how you can help keep your kids stay healthy and safe!
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.