A child's body needs nutrition, not just food. A balanced and varied diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables is critical . Follow these strategies to help your child develop healthy eating habits which will ultimately influence their energy, brain function, growth, development and health for life!
Also take some time to visit the nutrition section of our every kid counts blog to hear about the latest nutrition trends from our registered dieticians.
- After-School Snacks
- Breakfast Basics
- Breastfeeding nutrition
- Caffeine and Your Child
- Calcium and Your Child
- Carbohydrates, Sugar, and Your Child
- Cholesterol and Your Child
- Cooking With Kids
- Cooking With Preschoolers
- Cooking With School-Age Kids
- Deciphering Food Labels
- Eating During Pregnancy
- Family Meals
- Fats and Your Child
- Feeding Your 1- to 2-Year-Old
- Feeding Your 1- to 3-Month-Old
- Feeding Your 4- to 7-Month-Old
- Feeding Your 8- to 12-Month-Old
- Feeding Your Newborn
- Fiber and Your Child
- Finger Foods for Babies
- Food Safety for Your Family
- Formula Feeding Nutrition
- Halloween Candy Hints
- Healthy Drinks for Kids
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Food Shopping
- Healthy Halloween Habits: Tips From Parents
- How Can Families Be Healthier?
- Hunger and Malnutrition
- Hunger and Your Preschooler
- Iron and Your Child
- Keeping Portions Under Control
- Kids and Food: 10 Tips for Parents
- Kids and On-the-Go Nutrition
- MyPlate Food Guide
- Nutrition Guide for Toddlers
- One Formula for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Organic and Other Environmentally Friendly Foods
- Power Drinks: Should Your Child Drink Them?
- Produce Precautions
- School Lunches
- Snacks for Preschoolers
- Snacks for Toddlers
- Strategies for Feeding a Preschooler
- The Food Guide Pyramid
- Toddlers at the Table: Avoiding Power Struggles
- Vegan Food Guide
- What Should Preschoolers Drink?
- Your Child's Weight
Visit our blog!
Visit the Dr. Mom Squad blog to join in the conversation with our experts! You will hear from four local women who have two big things in common; they are all doctors and they are all moms!
Kohl's Cares® Merchandise
Every season, Kohl's offers special items for sale with all profits donated to children's hospitals – including Dayton Children’s. You can view the entire collection of stuffed animals, books and much more at Kohl's Cares® Merchandise.
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.