The Kohl's A Minute for Kids campaign, a partnership between Dayton Children's and Kohl's Department Stores, focuses on the keeping kids healthy and safe. The experts at Dayton Children’s shared actionable tricks and tips for parents to help navigate childhood. See below for some of our recent topics.
Childhood Health Topics
- Hand washing - Know how to best clean your hands to prevent the cold and flu!
- Sleep - Make sure your child is getting enough sleep.
- Green cleaning - Do you know how to reduce allergy and asthma triggers by cleaning green?
- Heat related illness - Make sure your young athlete avoids the dangers of heat!
Safety on the Go Topics
- Safety In Another Driver's Hands - Know what to ask of anyone who is transporting your precious cargo.
- Never Leave Your Child Alone in a Car - Learn ways to prevent the tragedy of leaving children alone in cars.
- Put A Lid On It - Learn the correct way a bicycle helmet should fit
- Driving Distraction Free - Work with your young driver to keep him or her safe.
Safety at Play Topics
- Tot Takeover - Keeping your curious toddler safe requires childproofing, smart toy selection and active supervision.
- Playing it Safe - Playground injuries, particularly falls, can be prevented checking for unsafe equipment, using right-sized equipment and active adult supervision.
- Big Wheels to Bicycles - No matter what kind of nonmotorized wheeled vehicle your child rides make sure they use the proper safety equipment to keep them safe
- Nobody Wins if Somebody Gets Hurt - Young athletes can prevent injuires by warming up, stretching, staying properly hydrated and wearing the appropriate gear.
Healthy Lifestyles Topics
- Beating the Bully: Research indicates that weight is more important than gender, race, and socioeconomic status in predicting who will be the target of bullying.
- Healthy Habits for Life: Learn some simple behaviors that if developed into habits can make a big difference for your health!
- Navigating Difficult Conversations: Use these conversation starters to talk to your child about health and nutrition.
- Does Your Child Have CO? Find out what you need to ask your physician about childhood obesity.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Healthy Habits for Life
- Is your child obese?
- Kohl's Toddler Play
- Kohl's Wheeled Safety
- Kohl's Sports Safety
- Kohl's Playground Safety
- Kohl's Distracted Driving
- Kohl's Hyperthermia
- Kohl's Helmets
- Kohl's Carpool Safety
- Kohl's Green Cleaning
- Kohl's Hand Washing
- Kohl's Sleep
- Kohl's Heat Related Illness
- Kohl's Hyperthermia and Infants
Visit our blog!
Visit the Dr. Mom Squad blog to join in the conversation with our experts! You will hear from four local women who have two big things in common; they are all doctors and they are all moms! Hear what they have to say on the latest kids health issues and learn tips on how you can help keep your kids stay healthy and safe!
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.