Quality child health and safety information is always relevant. For that reason, past issues of Growing Together, our quarterly magazine for families, are stored here for your review.
- Winter 2013 - Pulmonary specialists at Dayton Children's help patients to breathe easy
- Winter 2012- Local families find comfort and care for their newborns in the newborn intensive care unit at Dayton Children's
- Summer 2012 - "I have epilepsy. It doesn't have me" features story of a Beavercreek teen cared for in our neurology department. Also, find out when to choose urgent care vs emergency care when your child is sick or injured.
- Fall 2012 Two local teens overcome sports injuries thanks to the orthopaedic specialists at Dayton Children's.
- Fall 2011 - Piqua family discovers cancer care close to home; how the family of a high-school basketball player handled their daughter's concussion
- Summer 2011 - A special surprise takes a devastating turn: Trauma care just moments away
- Spring 2011 - Orthopedics care team and family support fuel a fighting spirit; community testing centers offer caring and convenience
- Winter 2011 - Focus on endocrinology services--taking control of diabetes and when a child grows up too fast.
Winter 2010 - Countdown to good health, ENT services, Pediatric Sleep Center and teens' electronic world
- Winter 2009 - Tooth decay: The most common childhood disease, Centerville boy battles critical staph infection, saved by a booster seat and more
- Spring 2009 - Trauma season, when to use the urgent care, Lewisburg boy copes with kidney disease and more
- Summer 2009 - Back-to-school safety tips, tiniest patient get total care in Regional Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), helmet safety, 2009 ambassadors and more
- Fall 2009 - Special flu issue: Immunization news, prevention and treatment tips, myths busted
- Winter 2008 - Protect your child from RSV, specialty care centers, comprehensive asthma care makes a difference for Trenton family and more
- Spring 2008 - Make decks and windows safer, Sidney couple welcomes twins--earlier than expected, taking the fear out of surgery and more
- Special Edition - Learn more about our new locations
- Fall 2008 - Four back-to-school essentials, when your child needs emergency care, kid-sized radiation doses keeping kids safe and more
- Winter 2007 - Sale sleep for baby, Dayton youngster loses weight with help from the lipid clinic, the importance of pediatric anesthesiologists and more
- Spring 2007 - Skateboarding safety, in-home asthma program, Kettering teen's spinal surgery and more
- Fall 2007 - Hand washing reduces school absences, Dayton teen taking control of seizure disorder, Springboro learns to live with diabetes, and more.
every kid counts blog
Visit blog.childrensdayton.org to join in the conversation with our experts on the latest trends related to parenting and keeping kids healthy and safe!
Safety on the go
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.