Dayton Children’s is accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, national accrediting body that oversees the safety and quality of health care and other services. In 2006, we underwent our first unannounced survey by The Joint Commission and received its nationwide seal of approval for pediatric care.
In addition, we are proud of other accreditations and awards which speak to the quality of care we provide:
- Regional Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the region's perinatal referral center, features an award-winning design and quick access to all pediatric subspecialists.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) , the region's only intensive care unit devoted to pediatrics, won the first-ever Ohio Patient Safety Institute Best Practices Award in 2009 for our outstanding record of decreasing incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
- Soin Pediatric Trauma and Emergency Center (Level II) is the only verified pediatric trauma center in the region staffed entirely by pediatric specialists. It was verified by the American College of Surgeons.
- The Comprehensive Cancer Care Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and one of only a few approved programs in the country.
- The Pediatric Sleep Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Medical imaging is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Center is accredited by National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- The echocardiography laboratory is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories in all forms of pediatric echocardiography.
These accreditations and recognitions speak to the quality and expertise of our doctors, nurses and other health care professionals. It says we are following standards, policies and procedures required for caring for pediatric patients.
To learn more about the quality of care, there's no better source than our patients. Please take the time to review our patient stories. You'll see our accredited care has changed lives.
- Number of Patients Treated
- Reasons for Admissions
- Keeping My Child Safe
- Bloodstream Infections
- Asthma Relievers
- Patient Satisfaction
- Sickle Cell Pain and Fever
- Staff Flu Immunization Rate
- Readmissions and Transfers
- Emergency Codes Outside PICU
- PICU Survival Rates
- Pain Management
We believe there are 18 ways we're just right for our region's kids! Learn more and share your story at justrightforkids.org.