Concussion Management Program
A child's brain is still developing, so a head injury can be more serious than you think. The Dayton Children's concussion management pediatric-trained team is experienced in treating children and teenagers with mild to severe head injuries.
Our team of highly experienced pediatric sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, rehabilitation specialists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons provide the very best care to patients who have sustained a head injury during activity.
The concussion management program includes:
- Axon testing- examines critical thinking areas potentially affected by a head injury
- Coordination with pediatricians/primary care physician, parents, coaches, teachers, athletic trainers, and the patient
- Advanced brain imaging techniques when needed
- Development of treatment plans to support recovery, deal with school problems, and manage changes in behavior or adjustment
- Providing referrals as needed to specialists in physical therapy, education, behavioral health, and other related medical disciplines
- Return to play protocols
Appointments available without a referral from a physician.
Contact us for more information about FREE baseline testing.
Make a referral
Fax referral forms: 937-641-4500, 24 hours
Toll-free fax: 1-866-891-6941
Hours: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday