Health and safety resource for parents
07-16-2010 (Dayton, OH) -
Dayton Children’s launched a new interactive, parent-focused website on Tuesday, July 6. The site, www.childrensdayton.org, offers improved navigation and exciting features designed specifically with moms in mind.
New features include:
- More than 5,000 parent-friendly articles on health and safety topics from asthma care to surviving the teen years. The resource library offers parents easily searchable articles on general health, growth and development, medical problems, emotional and behavioral health, safety, nutrition and fitness, pregnancy and newborn care and positive parenting.
- A symptom/condition search right on the home page that eases the ability of parents to find information on a condition and the doctors who treat it.
- A find-a-doctor tool that helps parents quickly find a doctor by name, specialty or near where they live.
- Robust patient and visitor information to help parents prepare for their child’s visit to Dayton Children’s including questions to ask the doctor.
- A listing of our locations complete with Google map capability so visitors can easily find the medical center, testing centers, urgent care or the outpatient care centers.
According to Vicki Giambrone, vice president for marketing, "Our redesigned site was the culmination of months of research and development. We used feedback from moms throughout our region to develop a website that provided them with easy-to-find information relevant to them. Our hope is the site will become a valuable resource for parents.”
Surveys and focus group research of moms 18-49 indicated a strong preference for health information and navigational tools that made it is easy to find a doctor, a location and information about the services offered.
The redesigned website includes separate site-lets for health care professionals, advocates, the media, donors and volunteers. “These separate sitelets allow us target content to those audiences while keeping the main site relevant for moms,” Giambrone said.
For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Department
We believe there are 18 ways we're just right for our region's kids! Learn more and share your story at justrightforkids.org.