Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 3/4 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/3 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 c. grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. salsa, drained of juice in a colander
- 6 6-in. corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 degrees Celsius).
- Add vegetable oil to large pan and heat, adding zucchini, corn, and peppers.
- In bowl, mix cheeses.
- Trim sides of tortillas to fit a loaf pan. Layer tortillas, veggies, cheeses, and salsa.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving size: 1 slice
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
14 g protein
13 g fat
32 g carbohydrate
5 g fiber
32 mg cholesterol
570 mg sodium
335 mg calcium
3 mg iron
Updated and reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
|Cooking Light Cooking Light magazine goes online with recipes for healthy living, plus grocery coupons and tips for feeding your family.|
|Meals for You This site contains extensive categories (including vegetarian, diabetic, and low fat meals) and the ability to search recipes by ingredient.|
|American Dietetic Association The American Dietetic Association offers nutrition news, tips, resources for consumers and dietitians, and a find-a-nutritionist search tool.|
|Food Network TV's Food Network goes online with searchable menus and recipes, an encyclopedia of cooking terms, and ideas from celebrity chefs.|
|15-Minute Salmon You and your child can try this recipe for 15-Minute Salmon today.|
|Chili Try this easy recipe for busy parents.|
|Cathy's Caesar Salad An easy recipe for parents with busy schedules.|
|Blueberry Pancakes Make blueberry pancakes with your kids with this easy recipe.|
|Applesauce Learn how to make applesauce with this easy recipe!|
|Pizza Try this easy recipe for parents with busy schedules.|
|Roasted Veggies An easy and delicious recipe for parents with busy schedules.|
|Fast Turkey Chili The turkey makes this chili lighter and less fatty than beef chili, but it still has plenty of flavor. Try this recipe today!|
|Veggie Bowls These portable veggie bowls are simple to make and delicious.|
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2012 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.