The MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center offers information and support for families. As a free-lending library, the center has a collection of books, reference materials, brochures, DVDs and internet-based resources available to you. The center staff will help you find information regarding your child’s health and safety, as well as parenting information and community resources. And if you need information in another language, the staff will help you with that as well.
The Family Resource Center also provides guest services. Families may use the center to check e-mail, access the internet, make a phone call or send a fax.
MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center Services
- Information searches - learn more about your child's diagnoses, ongoing health issue, general child health, safety, parenting and more
- Private area to view child health, safety and parenting DVDs
- Connect to community resource and support groups
- Car seat checks by appointment
- Community events and education programming coordinated
- Movies and video games for hospitalized kids
- View child health, safety or parenting videos onsite
- Free books for leisure reading and a book exchange program (bring in a gently used book and take one of our leisure reading books)
- Child safety products available in the Kids Care shop
- You may also set up a a free CaringBridge web page to help you stay in touch with family and friends during your child’s stay at Dayton Children’s
- Locate support groups and agencies in the communities who help children and families
- Convenient to patient relations and hospital chaplain
- Six guest computer stations
- Trained staff and volunteers to help with information searches
- Special Needs Resource Center
Your Help is Needed
The MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center (FRC) was made possible with a generous gift from the MeadWestvaco Foundation. Ongoing support for FRC operations has been provided by The Little Exchange (a fine gift shop in Oakwood), Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Miami Valley and other organizations and individuals.
The MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center relies on your donations to continue offering free services to children, parents, families and community organizations. We always need new materials for our collection--from Disney movies, to PS2 games, to books for the exchange. Financial donations are also appreciated.
Want to help? Contact our development office at 937-641-3504 for information on giving.
MeadWestvaco Family Resource Center Location and Hours
First floor, main lobby (by the saltwater aquarium)
- Monday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday to Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Closed Sunday and holidays
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.