The pediatric anesthesiology department provides anesthesiology care and service to all patients receiving operative or procedure intervention at the medical center. The pediatric anesthesiologists care for patients from birth through 21 years of age who require any type of surgical procedure.
*To make an appointment for consultation, please contact the presurgery clinic.
Medical director: Del T. Kirkpatrick, MD
- Preoperative patient evaluation
- Preoperative tours and instructions for children and families
- Anesthesia for diagnostic procedures
- Intra-operative anesthesia for all types of neonatal and pediatric surgical procedures
- Acute post-operative pain management
- Continuous epidural analgesia
- Patient-controlled analgesia (PCA)
- Outreach and support services
- Presurgery tours (every Monday and Wednesday evening)
Anesthesiology Consultation - Presurgery Clinic
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's.