The pediatric respiratory care team at Dayton Children’s is comprised of licensed respiratory care professionals who work closely with physicians, nurses and other specialists to provide a high level of care.
The pediatric respiratory therapists provide care for children of all ages helping to treat respiratory diseases and illnesses including asthma, cystic fibrosis, congenital diseases and others. The department also offers asthma education and smoking cessation counseling.
Pediatric Respiratory Services We Offer
- Oxygen therapy
- Medicated aerosol therapy
- Airway clearance techniques
- Hyperinflation therapies
- Bilevel positive airway pressure
- Asthma education and smoking cessation counseling
- Airway management
- Mechanical ventilation
- Noninvasive respiratory gas monitoring
- Continuous medicated aerosol therapy
- Specialty gas delivery
- Blood gas sampling and analysis
- Pediatric and neonatal transport
Asthma Outreach or Support
- Asthma education for families (ACT - asthma care training) and school personnel (Peak Performance). Call 937-641-3266 for more information.
- Creating the Right Respiratory Environment for Kids
- Smoking cessation programs for teens and adults. Call 937-641-3266
- STAND - Stop Tobacco and Nicotine Dependency - for teens
- Be a smoke-free family - for adults
Meet Our Team
Medical Director: Patrick Sobande, MD
Administrative director: Sue Ciarlariello, MBA, RRT, RCP
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.