Three east is the patient care are for mostly surgical patients and is located on the third floor of Dayton Children’s. Nurses and staff are specially trained to care for infants, children and teens in the facility for extended stay.
Administrative manager: Jennifer Isham, RN, BSN
Diagnoses or Conditions Treated (not limited to)
- General surgical
- Eating disorders
- 24-hour nursing care
- Primary focus on the care of surgical and burn patients
- Designated sleeping space for families in each room
- Two protective isolation rooms to accommodate
- Immunocompromised patients
- Child life specialists actively involved with patients, helping them cope with hospitalization and prepare for any procedures they may experience.
- Room service - hot or cold meals - on demand
- Parents encouraged to participate in their child's care
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's.