The department of medical imaging (radiology/nuclear medicine) offers a full spectrum of diagnostic imaging specifically geared towards pediatric patients. The board certified pediatric radiologists are assisted by technologists and staff trained in working with infants, children and teenagers. Our personnel are highly skilled in sedating infants and young children. The radiology department has state-of-the-art equipment designed to perform diagnostic examinations with a minimum of radiation exposure to patients.
Medical Director: Elizabeth Ey, MD
Administrative director: Joanne Hand, RTR
- Computerized radiology, digital radiography and fluoroscopy
- speech and swallowing studies, panorex mandible, scanogram for leg length measurement, skeletal age, scoliosis screening, therapeutic air enema for intussusception, voiding cystourethrogram, digital fluoroscopy and digital substraction angiography.
- Picture archiving and communication system (PACS)
- sophisticated computer system that allows studies to be captured, stored, distributed and viewed electronically via a standard computer at Dayton Children's and via the internet. Images are also available from all of Dayton Children's off-site facilities.
- Nuclear medicine
- gastric emptying and GE reflux, renal function, nuclear cystogram, Gallium imaging, dacrycystogram, bone scan, cisternography, SPECT imaging, MIBG tumor imaging, lymphangioscintigraphy
- Ultrasound (U/S)
- cerebral U/S; pyloris U/S; hip U/S; vascular imaging including transcranial doppler; renal doppler and peripheral vascular; infant spine evaluation; renal, abdominal, pelvic and soft tissue imaging; percutaneous biopsy
- CT scan
- 64-slice high resolution multidector helical scanning in the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis and extremities; CT angiography percutaneous biopsy and drainage, 3D and multiplanar reconstruction; CT fluoroscopy; bone density
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- MRI scanning of brain, spine, extremity, specialized cardiac cine studies, MR angiography and venography, diffusion imaging, MRCP and spectroscopy are also available
- Volumetric quantitative CT (QCT) bone densitometry
- short helical CT is performed through the L1 and L2 vertebral bodies measures bone density
- Sedation service provided, including anesthesia, internists and nurse practitioners
- View videos and read test instructions for medical imaging procedures
- FAQs about radiation doses during CT scans
- Books for kids:
What is a CAT scan?
What is an MRI?
View a schedule of imaging services and locations
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Dayton Pediatric Imaging is a private practice located at Dayton Children's. Some insurances accepted may be different.
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up