The department of rehabilitative services is staffed by licensed, certified therapists and audiologists who specialize in treating the pediatric population.
Medical director: Eileen Kasten, MD
Administrative director: Terry Wiegel, MS, CCC-SLP
Manager: Janet Squiers, PT
- Occupational therapy: Evaluation and treatment of fine/gross motor skills, sensory integration deficits, self-care skills, scar management of burns, splinting and developmental disabilities.
- Physical therapy: Evaluation and treatment of gross motor and functional skills/ gait training with recommendations for orthotic/prosthetic devices, adaptive equipment and seating evaluation through clinic
- Speech pathology. Evaluation and treatment of speech and language disorders and oral motor/feeding difficulties. Modified barium swallow studies, nasendoscopy, phonation studies and augmentative evaluations are also available.
- Audiology. Evaluations include ABR, otoacoustic emissions testing, Algo I Plus, behavioral and play audiometry and tympanometry. Evaluation and follow-up is provided for cochlear implantation.
- Rehabilitative services and hearing aid fitting are also available for the hearing impaired.
Other ServicesThe department also offers a variety of groups and specialty programs such as:
- Adaptive equipment clinic
- Augmentative communication and assistive technology evaluations and treatment
- OT/PT evaluations of children under 4 years of age
- Sounds of Reading
- "Fast Forward" for children with auditory processing deficits
- Sensory integration treatment
- Neurodevelopmental treatment
- Splinting for joint contractures
- Pressure garment measurements and fitting
- Dayton Children's
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with evening and early morning hours available on a limited basis.
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up