Director: Karen Braun
Manager: Debbie Davis
Supervisor: Millie Wyatt
The admitting department is responsible for pre-registration for outpatient surgery and the Almost Home unit, preadmissions, admissions, sleep studies, cashier functions and reporting admissions to review boards.
Parents and Families
- Bring your health insurance card
- Legal guardian must accompany the child
- Bring your social security number
- Bring your doctor's referral
- Your child may bring a comfort toy, blanket, game, etc.
- For more information
Weekdays/weekends: 7:00 am - midnight
Day surgery admitting: 5:00 am - 2:30 pm
The emergency department covers third shift.
When telephoning a direct admission, provide
- patient's name
- patient's birth date
- attending physician
- referring physician
- Does patient require isolation?
- Has the patient been exposed to any contagious diseases such as chicken pox?
- Any special instructions? (eg, Does patient need to be admitted to a special care unit?)
- Type of insurance/authorization number when required
Please telephone the admitting department before sending the patient to the hospital for admission. Notification of admission allows us to prepare for your patient. Admitting will transfer your call to the admitting resident after receiving complete information. It is important that you speak to the appropriate resident.
Direct admissions must be instructed to report to Dayton Children's emergency department triage area for a quick assessment before actual admission.
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up