Our Support Groups
- Bereaved parent support group: Families who have experienced their child's death through accident or illness may participate in group sessions offered in a variety of formats. Extended family and friends are also welcome. Contact: Charlotte Lemming or Stacy Hobbs at 937-641-5300; Cecilia Sledge at 937-641-3000, ext 8980; or Tom O'Neill (Care and Comfort) at 937-641-4663.
- Perinatal loss support group: Families who have experienced their baby's death at any time during pregnancy (including miscarriage or stillbirth) or after birth may join this drop-in group. Extended family and friends are also welcome. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Dayton Children's. Contact: Mary Ann Swank at 937-641-3463
Community-Based Support Groups
- Oak Tree Corner provides year-round support for children and teens, ages 3 to 18, who have experienced the death of someone special. An adult parent or caregiver also attends the meetings. Contact: 937-285-0199 or www.oaktreecorner.com
- Compassionate Friends for parents whose children have died.
- Miami Valley Chapter meets at Sugar Creek Presbyterian Church in Kettering on the third Wednesday of the month from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Contact 937-640-2621.
- Miami County Chapter meets at the Nashville United Church of Christ in West Milton on the fourth Thursday of each month from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Call 937-836-5939.
- Pathways of Hope: Contact: 937-258-4991
- HEAL bereavement program which meets the third Tuesday of the month at Atrium Medical Center. Contact 513-705-4056 X6292 or SGYoung@atriummedcenter.org
- Hospice of Darke County: Contact: 937-548-2999
- Hospice of Miami County: Contact: 937-335-5191 or www.homc.org
- Mercy Hospice (Springfield area): Contact: 937-390-9665
- SIDS or SUID support: Contact: 937-339-9794
Meet Our Bereavement Program Team
Bereavement team coordinator: Cindy Brown, RN, CNS
Administrator: Gerri Sheehan, RN, MSA
Cecelia Sledge, chaplain, 937-641-3000, ext. 8980
Stacy Hobbs,social work, 937-641-5300
Charlotte Lemming,social work, 937-641-5300
Tom O'Neill,social work, Care and Comfort, 937-641-4663
Mary Ann Swank,RN, BSN, perinatal outreach, 937-641-3463
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.