The department of social work consults on the psychosocial evaluation and/or treatment of patients and families.
Services We Offer
- Child protection: assessment and intervention in cases of suspected physical, emotional or sexual abuse as well as issues of physical, psychological or medical neglect and noncompliance.
- Crisis intervention: evaluation, referral and/or treatment in instances of drug abuse, adolescent pregnancy, drug ingestion, death and dying support, clarification of legal or custody matters, problems in parent-child adjustment to hospitalization and mediation with hostile or agitated parents.
- Family assessments: evaluation and counseling for marital problems, family conflicts, parenting skills, need for home support services, residential care or placement and management of basic survival needs.
- Specialty care/chronic illness: Initial evaluation and long-term support for patients and families making the adjustment to catastrophic illness or injury.
- Support groups, general information and referral services are available to the public. Other services are limited to patients and families using Dayton Children's inpatient, outpatient or emergency services.
Meet Our Team
Manager: Destry Fallen, MSSW, LISW
937-641-3000, ask for social worker after hours
Weekdays: 8:30 am to 11:00 pm
Weekends: 4:00 pm to midnight
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.