After hours on-call dietitian: 937-641-3000
Director: Jeff Delahunt
Clinical Dietetics - Inpatient
- Inpatients screened for nutrition risk when admitted
- Patients at nutrition risk followed by a Registered Dietitian or Dietetic Technician
- Nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring, and evaluation
- Nutrition consults upon request
Clinical Dietetics - Outpatient
- Outpatient specialty clinics serviced by clinical dietitians include nutrition, metabolics and lipids, cerebral palsy, cleft lip/cleft palate, developmental assessment, diabetes, gastroenterology, hematology/oncology, high-risk infant, metabolic, myelomeningocele, pulmonary/cystic fibrosis and sickle cell.
- For hours and referral information, use the "Find a Service" feature to search for these specific services.
- Room service for inpatients
- Patients may place orders with our hostesses from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm. Trays are delivered in an average of 20 minutes.
- Our room service is one of the best in the country according to national surveys of patients and families.
- Modified diets for patients with special food needs, including:
- Diabetic diets
- Sodium-restricted diets
- Modified texture diets
- High protein-high calorie diets
- Special formula preparation
- Cafeteria, grill and coffee cart for patients, visitors and employees
- Vending services
- Catering for special events held at Dayton Children's
- Dietitians may speak with community groups as their schedules permit
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's.