Respiratory care is staffed by licensed respiratory care professionals (RCPs). The department offers housewide emergency support 24 hours a day.
Medical Director: Gary Mueller, MD
Administrative director: Sue Ciarlariello, MBA, RRT, RCP
- General care - oxygen therapy per protocol, medicated aerosol therapy, airway clearance techniques, hyperinflation therapies, bilevel positive airway pressure, asthma education and smoking counseling
- Critical care - airway management, mechanical ventilation, noninvasive respiratory gas monitoring, continuous medicated aerosol therapy, specialty gas delivery, blood gas sampling and analysis, CPR, special procedure coverage, and pediatric and neonatal transport.
Outreach or Support Programs
- Asthma education - for families (ACT - asthma care training) and school personnel (Peak Performance) - 937-641-3266
- Smoking cessation - 937-641-3266
- STAND - Stop Tobacco and Nicotine Dependency - for teens
- Be a smoke-free family - for adults
After hours: 937-641-3720
24 hours a day, seven days a week
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up