West Central Ohio Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center is one of only six sickle cell programs in the state of Ohio, and the only program located in the greater Dayton region that provides services to infants, children and teens with sickle cell disease.
A multidisciplinary approach to care for sickle cell patients ensures your child an optimum quality of life. Our team consists of a physician, nurse coordinator and outreach coordinator, social worker and dietitian. We are committed to providing compassionate, culturally sensitive, coordinated and comprehensive care to all children and their families.
Conditions We Treat
Abnormal hemoglobinopathies such as
- Sickle Cell disease (such as Sickle Cell anemia, Hemoglobin SC disease and Sickle beta thalassemia)
- Sickle Cell trait
- Thalassemias (Alpha and Beta)
- Other hemoglobin variants
Services We Offer
- Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Hemoglobin counseling and testing
- Patient family support group
- Ongoing education and outreach for professionals
- Newborn screening followup
- Collaboration with other sickle cell programs and community
- Transition from pediatric to adult care
Meet Our Team
Medical Director: Mukund Dole, MD
- Dayton Children's - Main Campus--Comprehensive clinic held every month
- Specialty Clinics-Lima--Every third Thursday of each month
- Specialty Care Center - Middletown--Every second Tuesday of each month
Free parenting enewsletter
Finding trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. eGrowing Together offers the latest health, safety and parenting information from our experts delivered to your inbox every month.