The Children's Care and Comfort program is offered by Children's Home Care of Dayton. The staff understands the needs of children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. The goal is to provide family-centered care that respects the dignity and uniqueness of every child and family. The specific services provided are determined by the family. With a primary care physician, care team members support the family in their decisions, allowing them to care for their seriously ill child at home.
Phone. 937-641-4663 (HOME)
Medical Director: Emmet Broxson, MD
Manager: Vickie Peoples, RN, BSN, MBA
- Nurses with pediatric expertise on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Infusion therapies
- Pain management
- In-home blood transfusions
- Intensive family support
- Interdisciplinary team case management
- Coordinator and advocacy with community resources
- A family support specialist is available to provide individualized services. These include:
- Emotional support
- Parent education
- Sibling support
- Short-term family intervention
- Referrals and resources
- Bereavement support
- Palliative care
- Comfort Line offers support to families and is staffed by pediatric palliative care physicians and advanced practice nurses to help answer medical questions related to pediatric pain and symptom management; answer questions about pediatric palliative care, hospice, chronic illness or end-of-life issues; refer you to palliative care or hospice providers; and provide information on community agencies and resources. Comfort Line is available toll free at 1-866-315-6327, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
We have developed a resource guide which lists resources to help your family during this time. Find the guide here.
Palliative Care-Inpatient services
The inpatient palliative care team is a consult service which provides inpatient care for children with life-threatening or life-limiting illnesses and their families. The inpatient program goal is to also provide family-centered care that respects the dignity and uniqueness of each child and family. Services provided are determined by the family and in coordination with the Children's Care and Comfort Program at Children's Home Care of Dayton. The medical team will work with the inpatient palliative care team to provide emotional support, pain/symptom management, massage therapy, education, care coordination and bereavement support. The inpatient team will work with the family to provide a similar plan of care as has been implemented at home.
Phone: 937-641-3000 X8934
Coordinator: Cindy Brown RN CNS(email@example.com)
For information call 937-641-4663 (HOME) or 1-800-874-3638.
Children's Home Care of Dayton
18 Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404-1815
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's.