Dayton, OH 45404
Special Interests: Asthma, Health Literacy, Communication
Education and Training+
Medical School: Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH
Residency: Pediatrics, Medical College of Ohio
Chief Resident, Medical College of Ohio
Fellowship: General academic pediatrics, University of Rochester
Publications and Presentations+
- 2013: Mueller GA, Wolf S, Bacon E, Forbis SG, Langdon L, Lemming C. Contemporary topics in pediatric pulmonology for the primary care clinician. Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care (in press)
- July 2008: Pascoe JM, Little DR, Forbis SG, Slora EJ. Patient visits to a Midwestern primary care practice-based research network: a comparison to two national primary care data sets. Southern Medical Journal 2008;7:693-698.
- August 2007:Yin HS, Forbis SG, Dreyer BP. Health literacy and pediatric health. Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 2007;37(7):258-286.
- July/Aug. 2007:Forbis SG, McAllister TR, Monk SM, Schlorman CA, Stolfi A, Pascoe JM. Children and firearms in the home: a Southwestern Ohio Ambulatory Research Network (SOAR-Net) study. J Am Board Fam Med 2007;20:385-391).
- August 2006 : Forbis SG, Rammel J, Huffman B, Taylor R. Barriers to Care of Inner-City Children with Asthma: School Nurse Perspective. J School Health (April 2006).
- April 2002:Forbis SG, Aligne CA. Poor readability of written asthma management plans found in national guidelines. Pediatrics 109:e52, 2002.
- Book Chapter: 2012;SG Forbis, “Child Health-Care Access” in Encyclopedia of Immigrant Health. 2012.
Awards, Honors and Organizations+
2008 - Ohio Community Asthma Advocacy Award (Ohio Asthma Coalition)
2001 William L. Bradford Fellowship Award
Get to Know Me+
I chose my specialty because... I love working with children and their families! I love to watch my patients grow up!
I chose to work at Dayton Children's because... Ohio born and raised. After my fellowship I wanted to be closer to home in Ohio.
Dayton Children's is special because... of it's commitment to providing quality of care to children. I love working with the people here.
My personal Interests are... travel, reading, crafts
Learn more about our strategic roadmap to the future.