Get wired up with free Wi-Fi
Free wireless internet is available throughout the hospital. Tell families to please check their wireless setting and click on “Dayton Children’s Guest Wireless.” No passwords are required.
Out of bars? Get a free charge
Families can charge their cell phone, laptop or tablet free of charge in the Kid’s Spot located on the first floor by the main entrance.
Patients who are admitted and connected to monitoring equipment, or who are being treated with invasive equipment, can be at an increased risk of electrical shock. Please tell families to follow these guidelines for patient-owned electrical equipment/devices that are being utilized within a 6-foot perimeter around the bed.
Acceptable items include:
- Cell phones, smart phones, iPods or other music players with headphones; iPads or other Android tablets, reading devices, such as a Kindle or Nook; laptop computers and hand-held gaming devices
- Items that are made of plastic or have a plastic case
- Items operated by a battery or power pack
- Electronics with a three-prong plug
Unacceptable items include:
- Christmas lights, lamps, curling irons, hair dryers, boom box, fans, toasters, crock pots, coffee makers
- Electronics with two-prong cords
- Items with a detachable cord that plugs directly into an outlet
Hours of operation
Call our hours of operation line anytime during the day to hear the hours of popular locations throughout the hospital such as the Kids Spot, pharmacy and more!