Dayton Children's is a participating provider in many insurance plans.See the list of health insurance plans accepted
Some services provided at Dayton Children's are provided by independent physician groups such as anesthesiology, medical imaging, general pediatric surgery and others. Those groups may accept different insurance plans than Dayton Children's. Be sure to check with your insurance company to make sure other providers at Dayton Children's are included in your plan.
See hospital-based groups-health insurance plan participation status for more information.
Questions on billing? We can help.
Our financial counselors meet with families who are in need of financial assistance or need help covering hospital expenses. If a family doesn't have insurance, have a large out-of-pocket co-pay, or have questions about insurance, they can call 937-641-3316.
Online Bill Pay
Our Patient e-Billing service is fast, easy and secure. Take a moment to learn more and set up your account today. Pay your bill online now.
Our online bill pay service is for Dayton Children's bills only. Do not use this service to pay any of our affiliates who also provide services at our locations. The following affiliates bill independently from Dayton Children's and payment should be made directly to their offices.
- Bloom Family Eye Surgeons
- Children's Home Care of Dayton
- Children’s Emergency Services
- Dayton Children’s Cardiology
- Dayton Newborn Care Specialists
- Dayton Pediatric Imaging
- Hensley Pediatric Dentistry
- Orthopaedic Center for Spinal and Pediatric Care
- Or Pro
For more information call patient accounts at 937-641-3555 or send us an e-mail.
Hours: 8:15 am - 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday
For questions on medical bills, families can call our billing representatives who are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm at
937-641-3555 or toll-free at 1-800-228-4594 (Ohio only).
Children's financial assistance programs
For families that qualify, Dayton Children’s offers:
- Financial aid for Dayton Children’s health care bills.
- Assistance by trained financial counselors, including help filing for Medicaid, HCAP and State Child Health Insurance Plans.
- 100 percent financial aid, also known as charity care
Other programs available for patients
- Montgomery County Human Services Levy — This is available for Montgomery County residents. It helps provide assistance for residents with overwhelming medical bills.
- Ohio Medicaid and Healthy Start — These programs provide assistance for families with income below 200 percent of the poverty level.
- Ohio BCMH (Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps) — This program provides coverage for children with specific illnesses, such as cancer.
- Ohio Care Assurance Program — This program provides free care for any Ohio resident whose income falls below 100 percent of the federal poverty level.
- Children’s Charity Care — This program provides assistance to low income families with large hospital bills.
Resources and Information
Our financial counselors meet with families who are in need of financial assistance or need help covering hospital expenses.
Our Patient e-Billing service is fast, easy and secure. Take a moment to learn more and set up your account today.