Topic: General Child Health
This handout was written to answer some of the questions most often asked about the holding area. Feel free to ask your doctor or nurse to go over any information you do not understand.
1. One adult must stay with your child at all times.
2. Two people may stay at your child’s bedside. Only one bedspace is provided for sleeping at night.
3. Food is not allowed in the holding area for adults. Ask the nurse if drinks are allowed.
4. Do not give your child any food or drink without asking the nurse/doctor.
5. Brothers and sisters are not permitted in the holding area.
6. If you need to take a short break, please let your nurse know that you will be leaving your child and where you can be reached. However, an adult must be with your child at all times.
7. Be sure the bedside rails are up when leaving your child.
8. No smoking is permitted in the holding area or restrooms. (NO smoking is permitted anywhere in The Children’s Medical Center).
9. Keep your child’s TV turned down and keep voices low so that you do not bother the other patients in the area.
10. There are telephones in each room for your use. For an outside line, dial 29.
Derechos de autor(c) de The Children's Medical Center, ano 1999. Este material unicamente tiene fines educativos. No puede ser reproducido, distribuido ni modificado sin previa autorizacion de The Children's Medical Center of Dayton, One Children's Plaza, Dayton, Ohio, 45404-1815. Llame al 937-641-3666 para solicitar autorizacion o para obtener un juego maestro para copias. Para obtener mas informacion puede visitar www.childrensdayton.org (consulte la seccion de informacion legal).
La informacion contenida en este material es unicamente informacion de tipo general. No debe considerarse como completa. Para obtener mas informacion acerca de los complementos para leche materna, por favor pidala a su doctor.
Corregido: 1994, 1998, 2000, 2004
The information contained in this handout is for general information only and should not be considered complete. For specific information about bathing your baby, please ask your doctor or nurse practitioner.
Additional information may be located in the Family Resource Center, 2nd floor, near the Outpatient Surgery Center. Hours of the center vary; please contact the Family Resource Center at 937-641-3700.
Copyright(c) The Children's Medical Center of Dayton. This material is for educational purposes only. It cannot be reproduced or distributed without permission from Dayton Children's.
Revised: 1994, 1998, 2000, 2004
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up