Topic: Tests & Procedures
This handout was written to answer some questions most often asked about home-going care after VCUG/Nuclear Cystogram. Please feel free to ask your doctor or nurse to go over any information you do not understand.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY CHILD AFTER A VCUG / NUCLEAR CYSTOGRAM?
1. Give your child lots to drink today (water or juices are best).
2. Sometimes it may be hard for your child to urinate after the test. This is because of the tube placed into the bladder.
3. If your child does not urinate within eight hours at home, call your child’s doctor. If you can’t reach your child’s doctor, please call or take your child to an urgent care center or an emergency department.
4. Some children may complain of pain when they urinate. This is normal. The pain usually goes away after the first or second time your child urinates.
5. Sometimes there may be a small amount of blood in the urine after the test. This is not uncommon. If you continue to see blood in your child’s urine or it worsens, contact your child’s doctor.
6. If your child gets a fever, please call your child’s doctor.
7. If you have any questions, please call the Medical Imaging Department at 937-641-3888 or 1-800-228-4055.
HOW WILL I GET THE TEST RESULTS?
The results from your test will be sent to your referring physician, usually within a week.
Patient/Guardian Signature ___________________________________________
Thank you for choosing Dayton Children’s. The Medical Imaging Department is committed to providing the best pediatric imaging care in the Miami Valley area. This care will be provided in a way that recognizes the needs of children and families for respect, privacy and involvement in care decisions. Our staff is committed to ensuring good care during every visit. If we have not met your expectations, please call our customer hotline, 937-641-4646.
Derechos de autor(c) de The Children's Medical Center, ano 1999. Este material unicamente tiene fines educativos. No puede ser reproducido, distribuido ni modificado sin previa autorizacion de The Children's Medical Center of Dayton, One Children's Plaza, Dayton, Ohio, 45404-1815. Llame al 937-641-3666 para solicitar autorizacion o para obtener un juego maestro para copias. Para obtener mas informacion puede visitar www.childrensdayton.org (consulte la seccion de informacion legal).
La informacion contenida en este material es unicamente informacion de tipo general. No debe considerarse como completa. Para obtener mas informacion acerca de los complementos para leche materna, por favor pidala a su doctor.
The information contained in this handout is for general information only and should not be considered complete. For specific information about bathing your baby, please ask your doctor or nurse practitioner.
Additional information may be located in the Family Resource Center, 2nd floor, near the Outpatient Surgery Center. Hours of the center vary; please contact the Family Resource Center at 937-641-3700.
Copyright(c) The Children's Medical Center of Dayton. This material is for educational purposes only. It cannot be reproduced or distributed without permission from Dayton Children's.
Sign up for Pediatric Link
Finding the latest trusted child health and safety information doesn't have to be hard. Pediatric Link, Dayton Children's e-newsletter offers timely and up-to-date information for health care professionals from the experts you trust at Dayton Children's. Sign up