Are you ready to make a difference for the 265,000 children Dayton Children's serves each year and the thousands of children who may enter our doors at any minute? Then join our Advocates Speaking for Kids (ASK) network and stand up for kids!
Dayton Children's relies on our ASK network to be a powerful, persuasive voice for children as public policy decisions are made. The ASK network is a group of Children's employees, volunteers, patients, families and community members who care about children's health and work to influence policy on behalf of children. Without the ASK network we never would have had the impact on our elected officials when it came to important decisions affecting children.
Join our ASK Network today.
As a member, you will:
- Receive regular updates on local, state and federal legislative issues--including special briefings and notices.
- Receive legislative alerts asking you to take immediate action, such as contacting your legislators about a specific bill or policy affecting children’s health care.
- Have the opportunity attend a training event to help you understand the best way to be an effective advocate for children.
- Join Now
Take action and make a difference for kids through these ASK network activities:
- Talking to your friends and family about an issue to increase awareness and support.
- Sending an e-mail to your legislator.
- Writing a letter to your legislator.
- Making a phone call to your legislator's office.
- Attending a rally with fellow advocates to demonstrate support.
- Testifying before a legislative committee.
- Participating in Statehouse or Capitol Hill events.
- Meeting with legislators at the Statehouse in Columbus or on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
For more information about our ASK network please contact Jessica Saunders, community relations manager, at 937-641-3385.
Your generous donations of time, money and resources help Dayton Children's provide quality pediatric health care services to all children regardless of their family’s ability to pay.